Kevin Bagley started his own firm in April, 2013, after being engaged in private practice with several San Diego firms since 1984. He is experienced in structuring business transactions, particularly tax sensitive arrangements, as well as in dealing with tax authorities when disputes may arise.
In addition to business transactional services, Kevin provides estate planning services for his business clients, particularly in the areas of wealth transfer and business succession. He also uses his nearly 6 years as an attorney for the Chief Counsel’s Office of the Internal Revenue Service and his many years in private practice as a tax advocate to represent clients effectively before federal, state and local taxing authorities.
He has also shared his experience by lecturing before a variety of business, accounting and legal audiences and by teaching the Partnership Taxation course for the graduate tax program at the University of San Diego School of Law.
Kevin grew up in Oceanside, graduated from the University of California at Santa Barbara in 1973, obtained his law degree from Boston University Law School in 1976 and subsequently earned a Master of Tax degree from the University of San Diego Law of School. The California State Bar Board of Legal Specialization has certified Kevin as a specialist in Taxation Law. He also has an AV Rating from Martindale-Hubbell.
AREAS OF PRACTICE
- Business Formations, Acquisitions and Combinations, Operations and Liquidations
- Income & Estate and Gift Tax Planning
- Real Estate Financing, Purchases and Sales
- Tax Advocacy
- Special emphasis on Partnerships and Limited Liability Companies
- California State & San Diego County Bar Associations
- California State Bar Board of Legal Specialization, Certified Specialist in Taxation Law
- California State Bar Taxation Section, past Executive Committee Member
- Adjunct Professor, University of San Diego School of Law, Graduate Tax Program
- San Diego Tax Practitioner’s Group
- Lecturer on taxation of business entities
- San Diego County Bar, Taxation Section, past Chairman